Karachi stock exchange followed a bullish trend during the previous week. KSE 100 index was closed on 29, 730.86 points after gaining 221.75 points. Out of total 581 listed companies listed on Karachi stock Exchange, 435 companies were traded. Out of those, 190 observed an upward trend, 229 followed a downward trend whereas 16 remained static.
Following is a list of volume leaders, top gainers and top losers during the previous week with their market capitalization.
|Top Gainers||Top Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Wyeth Pakistan Ltd [142,161,000]||Rafhan Maize Products Ltd [92,364,000]||TRG Pakistan [3,853,907,000]|
|Colgate Palmolive (Pakistan) Ltd [479,549,000]||Nestle Pakistan [453,496,000]||K-Electric Limited [96,653,179,000]|
|Pakistan Tobacco Co Ltd [2,554,938,000]||Bata Pakistan Ltd [75,600,000]||Fauji Cement Co Ltd [13,311,158,000]|
|Philip Morris (Pakistan) Limited [615,803,000]||Island Textile Mills Ltd [5,000,000]||BYCO Petroleum [9,778,587,000]|
|Khyber Tobacco Co Ltd [12,018,000]||National Foods Ltd [518,042,000]||The Bank of Punjab Ltd [15,551,131,000]|
|Hino Pak Motors Ltd [124,006,000]||Bhanero Textile Mills Ltd [30,000,000]||Lotte Chemical Pakistan Limited[15,142,072,000]|
|Unilever Pakistan Food Limited [61,576,000]||Shell Pakistan Ltd [1,070,123,000]||National Bank of Pakistan [21,275,128,000]|
|Murree Brewery Co Ltd [230,530,000]||Shezan International Ltd [60,000,000]||Pakistan Telecommunication Ltd (A) [37,740,000,000]|
|Mari Petroleum Company Limited [918,750,000]||Gillete Pakistan Ltd [192,000,000]||Lafarge Pakistan Cement Ltd[13,126,445,000]|
|Gadoon Textile Mills Ltd [234,375,000]||Service Industries Ltd [120,288,000]||Maple Leaf Cement Factory Ltd[5,277,339,000]|
Following is the list of news which affected the trading activity at the most:
– Pakistan’s liquidity foreign exchange reserved has increased and reached to the figure if $ 13.45609 bn
– Micro credit outreach has observed an all time healthiest growth with 19 per cent per annum. This affected positively on the sentiments of a certain group of investors last week.
– Employee’s old age benefits institution has disbursed a sufficient amount to the beneficiaries i.e., Rs10.985bn to 330,645 people
– State bank of Pakistan has sold market treasury bills equal to Rs. 86823.895 million to the selected financial institutions
– State bank of Pakistan has successfully presented a revised version of regulations to run the operations of micro finance bank throughout the country
– A new list of revised status of credit rating agencies has been issued by the State Bank of Pakistan last week
– A reminder by SBP to general public has been provided containing an announcement to exchange the decimal currency coins as early as possible. It is announced by SBP that if people have reserve holdings of decimal currency coins of 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, and 50 paisa, they might get them exchanged through the field offices
– An achievement of Pakistan Post: remittances of Rs. 7,451.4 million were received during the previous financial years. It seems like a recovery of Pakistan Post.
– State Bank of Pakistan has injected a significant of Rs. 17,500 million in to the market.
-Karachi Airport terrorist attack’s culprits have been identified
– Altaf Hussein is no more in police detention in UK