According to the same course of forecasts and analyzers’ anticipations, the Karachi Stock Exchange failed to show any positive sign for the investors all along. During the week, Karachi stock market has compensated the excessive quantity of bulls generated earlier this month as an outcome of broader speculation in the trading activities. Despite of dissemination of much positive news throughout the week, market was not successful to carry the investors’ trust anymore. Overall there was a severe lacking of the risk takers at Karachi Stock Exchange this week , as the investors were leaned to show risk aversion attitude because of more uncertainty in the air.
As far as the market activity concerns, Karachi Stock Exchange – 100 index closed on 28,850 point after losing a noticeable number of 220 points or 0.8 % in the previous week. The week as discussed above was not supportive about any of the aspects. For instance it embossed very thin volumes as an outcome of third week’s activity. The week on week went down with a percentage of 43 % or and the average daily volume traded decrement went down with 31 %. The current traded volume of the last week is 209 Million Shares.
The upcoming week anticipates a little improvement in the trading activity. Investors are advised to keep an eye on the CPI figure which is expected to be announced this week. Perhaps this will drive the market activity in the upcoming week. The inflation figure holds vital importance in the current scenario because of several indicators such as State Bank’s reserves, foreign investment flows and gold prices. The growth in capital gains is expected in ENGRO, HUBCO, PPL, OGDCL, BAFL and FFC’s shares. These might be considered as secure investments of the upcoming week, given that no severe news breaks in the mean time.
Following is the list of top gainers, losers and volume leaders:
|Top Gainers||Top Losers||Volume Leaders|
|Kohinoor Energy||Jah.Sidd. Co||MLCF|
|Packages Limited||Askari Bank Ltd||LPCL|
|Arif Habib Corp||NIB Bank||BOP|
|Bata Pak Ltd||Azgard Nine||FFCL|
|Jubilee Gen Ins||Muree Brewery Co Ltd||KEL|
|Kohat Cement||Mari Petroleum||NBP|
|Attock Cement Ltd||Pace (Pak) Ltd||PTC|
|Glaxo Smith Kline||Shell Pakistan||PSO|
Following is a list of most influencing news:
- Electricity prices are anticipated to have a decrement with a noticeable proportion that is more than Re. 1 per unit. The change is being expected because of appreciation in value of Pakistani Rupee against the United States Dollar
- The base rate is expected to be reduced by 50 base points and to lie on 9.5 % by SBP in the upcoming tighten monetary policy this week
- Suzuki Wagon R 1000 cc (the most successful brand in Suzuki line up globally) has been introduced in Pakistan last week
- Auction of the PIB has brought Rs. 425 Billion
- Foreign investors took benefit of reducing share prices by buying stocks 18.6 Millions USD