Born August 30, 1930, Warren Edward Buffett is an American business magnate, philanthropist as well as stock trader. Buffett is the CEO, chairman, and biggest shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway. American magazine ‘Time’, in 2012, called Buffett one of the most powerful and important people in the world, which is very intriguing.
In 1950, Warren Buffett graduated from the University of Nebraska with a degree of Bachelor of Science. When he got done reading with “The Intelligent Investor” by Benjamin Graham, he was highly interested to study under Graham and so he did at Columbia University. From there, in 1951, he acquired his Master of Science degree in business.
Buffett is a famous philanthropist, having vowed to give away almost 100 percent of his wealth to philanthropic causes, through the Gates Foundation. Buffett was diagnosed with prostate cancer on April 11, 2012. Successfully, his treatment was completed in 2012, September.
Warren Buffett as a successful investor
Warren Buffett is commonly considered as the most amazing living investor, having developed his firm, Berkshire Hathaway, into an investing as well as business conglomerate that is valued at beyond $200 billion. In addition, he has made himself including his investors extremely rich. Currently, Buffett’s wealth is valued at $50 billion which makes him the third-richest person in the world, according to the list of Forbes 2011 Richest People.
Warren Buffett’s investing style of patience, discipline, and value has unfailingly outdone the market for several decades.
Buffett’s criteria for brilliant businesses consist of the following:
- Without a lot of debt, they have a decent return on capital.
- They are very understandable.
- They understand their profits in the flow of cash.
- They have quite robust franchises. Thus, freedom to price.
- They do not take a mastermind to run.
- Their earnings are foreseeable.
- The organization is basically owner-oriented.
The top-secret to Buffett’s success is recorded in a brand new book called ‘Secrets in Plain Sight: Business & Investing Secrets of Warren Buffett’. It is successfully written by Jeff Matthews. He is a Buffett follower as well as investment manager.
Warren Buffett’s Three Most Amazing Quotes about Investing
There are countless wonderful quotes of Warren Buffett, but here are his most amazing quotes about investing.
- Ø “Rule No.1 is never lose money. Rule No.2 is never forget rule number one.”
- Ø “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy. Profit from folly rather than participate in it.”
- Ø “If, when making a stock investment, you’re not considering holding it at least ten years, don’t waste more than ten minutes considering it.”
To conclude this, Warren Buffett was and still working hard today as an investor and is doing a brilliant job. Despite the fact that he battled with cancer, he is still doing great and has thought about investing a lot more money in the coming years. We wish him well and may he stay a billionaire for many more years!